Must Love Books!
Bluepoint Hospitality in Easton, MD, is looking for enthusiastic employees for hourly full- or part-time work at Flying Cloud Booksellers, an independent bookstore scheduled to open in early August 2020.
Under the direction of bookstore management, employee provides assistance in the operation of an independent bookstore. Tasks include helping customers to find and purchase books and other items; using store point-of-sale system to enter sales, issue returns and update inventory; problem-solving for customers; helping to keep store neat and merchandise displayed in an appealing manner; performing other related duties as assigned.
Data entry, basic math and keyboarding. Excellent communication and customer service skills required to interact with customers and reflect the values of Bluepoint Hospitality. Must have the ability to work independently in the absence of Bookstore Director. Broad knowledge of and interest in books a plus.
Work environment and physical expectations
Work is performed in a retail environment. Physical skill required to perform keyboarding functions. Extended standing may be expected and moderate to heavy lifting is occasionally required.
Bluepoint Hospitality is seeking a Full time Pastry Cook who is responsible for preparing the highest quality food products for the restaurants and our retail outlets.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Passion for baking and pastry creation.
- Maintaining the highest level of execution and quality food.
- Preps, prepares, and executes all menu items to specification and follows directions of the Executive Chef daily.
- At all times, proper sanitation and safety guidelines must be followed, and all kitchen work and storage areas must be kept clean and organized.
- The pastry cook must inspect all food products to maintain proper appearance, colors and appeal.
- All food storage must be in proper containers in refrigerators and freezers, to maintain freshness
- Certified level cook and/or experience in food production and/or preparation preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ pastry culinary experience preferred
- Food & Beverage customer service experience
- All positions may perform additional duties as assigned based on business needs that may be outside the scope of normal duties
- Luxury hotel experience preferred
- High school or equivalent education
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hrs in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Bluepoint Hospitality Assistant to the Head Baker
We are a small and growing Bakery seeking an Assistant Baker whose role supports our head baker and ensures that we are prepared for the day ahead.
- Ideal candidate has a passion for baking and has worked in a professional baking environment (preferably where product was made from scratch)
- Preferred knowledge of and success with: scaling, mixing, baking and finishing of products, special attention to: pies and breads
- Must be able to multitask, take direction, follow written instructions, work independently and produce the highest quality at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bakery experience preferred but will train as needed
- Food Safety certification preferred. Will share responsibility for all safety and sanitation requirements with the Head Baker.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to scale recipes and manage associated inventory.
- Comprehensive bakery product knowledge and demonstrated consistency in product production following a recipe.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
- Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work very early morning hours
- Ability to handle stressful situations with calm and grace.
- Extensive organization and planning skills
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and own reliable vehicle for year-round transportation to work
- Job requires standing, walking, bending, reaching, carrying and climbing throughout the workday. Must have the ability to lift, stack and maneuver objects; lifting requirements range from 5 to 50 lbs. This is a physical job that requires strength and stamina.
- Ability to be on your feet for 8-10 hours.
- Early morning, weekend and holiday work is required.
- Must tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures; working in freezer/cooler and around hot commercial ovens.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience